A question about Commissar use.

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum Fighting The Good Fight A question about Commissar use.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Rosner

I am going to be playing a scenerio and I have the option of using a commissar.

The question is…under what circumstances would I want to use him?

The current leadership for this scernerio is a 9-1, 8-1 and 7-0.

You can only exchange the 8-1 for a 10-0. Use him for a strongpoint which can't fall or a rally point if your losses don't matter (i.e. the CVP you lose don't matter.) If you take him expect to lose a few units to ELR replacement/CR.

If you need the 8-1 to man a key MG don't take the commissar.

As a general rule I usually don't exchange a 8-1 for a 10-0 although I might exchange a 8-0 for a 9-0 if my VP loses don't matter.

I will ALWAYS replace the 8-0 with the 9-0.

The number of units you will RALLY vs the number of units you won't with the 8-0 due to DM alone makes it a no-brainer. You will easily lose 1/2 less troops to COMMISSAR vs the troops you lose for FtR.

As for the 8-1 to 10-0… scenario dependant. again… (-1) mod is just ok…Russians are used to not having the leadership. BUT the 10 ML unit on the Field will give YOU the needed ML boost when your flanks are failing. LOL

Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

Mike,

There is an article in Journal 7 discussing Commissars and the pros and cons of their use. I really don't have the experience to know if the article is any good, but thought I'd make you aware of its existence. If you don't have a copy of Journal 7 let me know.

Nick

I always exchange for a commisar; given both options I'll take the 9-0.

There was a scenario where the russian squads were 90% 426s and I passed, but tough to pass up.

Once won Lenin's Sons when my 10-0 decided enough was enough, took the DC and ran over to three german broken squads and turned them (and a leader) into wienerschnitzel.

Rich

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.