AP50 Panzergeist

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum Scenario AARs AP50 Panzergeist

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rdf

This scenario seems to be too tough on the Russians. I've played it twice and been pretty handily defeated each time as the Russians. In the most recent game, about the only thing that gave the Russians a chance was the sniper who took out the 8-0 on the first turn and broke a couple of squads in key places…but even then it was not really even close. What should be done with the Russian ART? I set it up to place smoke on the level 3 hills which worked reasonably well, but maybe the Russians should try to push it onto the Victory Hills? Not gonna play this one again unless I can be the Germans, even then I think I'd prefer something else.

Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

Candice and I played Panzergeist last month, and came to the same conclusion. Not to take anything away from Candice's very fine play as the Germans, but in our game post-mortum we both felt it is the German's scenario to lose.

Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

Ok, I just read Candice's AAR on Gamesquads forum and it refreshed my memory a bit. It was actually a close game until the last turn, and a very exciting and enjoyable scenario. But if the German player knows how to handle AFV's (as Candice does) the Russians will have an uphill battle (pun intended).

rdf

Way up hill if you ask me. The scenario has it's fun aspects, but overall I thinks its barks. The most recent playing I also (as the Russians) thought it was “close” up to turn 4…but it really wasn't…

testuser

I think what made our game close was that I don't play defensively, ever. What I should have done I suppose was to simply camp atop the larger hill mass and let Jim's Russians come to me. Not much fun IMO.

I think if both players want to come to grips with one another it can be a fun scenario. If as it seems the only trick is to camp the Panthers on top of a hill and blast what comes into view, then it's not fun at all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.