April 28th Game Day in San Diego AAR

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum SD Game Days April 28th Game Day in San Diego AAR

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

We had four members in attendance for our April edition of our ASL Game Day in San Diego. Steve Thorne was kind enough to open his home to us this month, because our regular venue, “At Ease Games”, was booked with a Magic release tournament.

Ish Molnar and Hank W. paired up for the Friendly Fire scenario “One Last Mighty Hew”, with Hank’s Russians defeating Ish’s Germans.

Steve and I paired up for the Festung Budapest scenario “The Back Ravens Are Flying”, with Steve taking the Russians against my mixed German-Hungarian force. This is a interesting scenario in that, not only do both sides get to points to purchase reinforcements (not unusual in FB scenarios) but one of the purchase options allows you to cancel the other side’s player turn! (At a considerable sacrifice to your forces.) Pair this with a secret simultaneous set-up where units can start already locked in Melee, and a random dr to determine which side moves first. I gotta say, certainly no two playings are going to be alike.

It turned out to be an interesting and exciting scenario, and on the last turn Steve was able to squirt a vehicular crew into a VC location for the win. Great fun!

Since Acapulco, our usual Escondido lunch location, was closed, we had lunch at Farmer Boys. That proved to be a good choice.

Thanks again to Steve and Julie Thorne for their hospitality. It was a great day!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.