August 8th Game Day at St. Crispin's AAR

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum OC Game Days August 8th Game Day at St. Crispin's AAR

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

We had an excellent turnout for our re-formatted Game Day at St. Crispin's, with 6 members and 2 guests in attendance. Scott Thompson made a cameo appearance late in the day, but didn't play.

Jim Colugno brought his daughter Jess, and the two of them paired up for the SK scenario “Simple Equation”. They played about half way through and called it a draw.

And Kyle Li and Mario Goldgorin faced off against me and Mario's friend Bill in “Liberation Day”. I like this scenario a lot, there are good strategic choices for both sides relating to allocating resources that make it quite re-playable Kyle and Mario took the attacking Russians and Bill and I had the Germans. Jess and Jim eventually set their game aside to watch ours, and Jess saw her first rate-tear, compliments of Bill and a 50mm mortar. Bill got at least 10 to 12 hits with the thing, and when it was over Kyle was down 2 1/2 squads and an 8-1 leader. We called it a German win when one of my PzIV J's bagged both T34-85's on consecutive lucky shots.

By this time Dan Plachta had arrived, and we set up a second scenario, “Eviction Notice” from VotG. Kyle and Dan took the attacking Russians against my defending Germans. The game was a close one, but Dan and I were both getting tired and decided to call it a draw with 2 turns to go.

We had our usual 'gamer's lunch' compliments of St. Crispins. For dinner, Dan, Kyle and I walked over the nearby sandwich and pizza shop for dinner. The place has new owners, and they were very slow and disorganized, but the food tasted about the same. We wrapped up the day at about 8:30. Not a bad start for our new format!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.