Into The Rubble (Bounding Fire Productions)

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum ASL Product Reviews Into The Rubble (Bounding Fire Productions)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Scott's review…

Scott wrote:

Into The Rubble (a.k.a. ITR)

This one has been out for a while (it came out right at WCM back in February), but it's such a good product that I thought I'd sing it's praises for those who are still on the fence.

In the world of ASL-soap opera, there was a recent split of some of the guys from Heat of Battle…they reformed their earlier Bounding Fire Productions and released Into the Rubble as their first (since reforming) release. I'm not sure what to call it…an Action Pack would probably fit the closest.

ITR comes with the following:
    8 scenarios
    2 mapboards (BFP A & BFP
    1 half board rubbled city overlay
    1 large factory overlay
    1 sheet of single hex Debris overlays (20-30 of them on the sheet…too lazy to pull out the sheet and count them)

The scenarios all tend to be rather large urban slug-fests. Since it was released, there has been a lot of buzz in the ASL community regarding the scnearios, with nearly all of the comments being very positive, almost gushing. I played ITR3 Tough as Nails…a 7-turn, toy riddled bloodbath that features OBA, Stukas, FT's, DC's, Molotov projectors, mines, roadblocks…oh so much ASL goodness! I'm currently playing ITR1 Debacle at Sung Kiang…a '37 Chineese/Japanese fight with crappy zero AF AC's on both sides, fortified buildings, Dare-Death squads, Banzai's (c'mon Matt, you know you want to!), ART pieces, FT's, DC's…shaping up to be a blast. ITR2 Factory in Flix is a '38 Spanish Civil War scenario that has gotten a lot of good press, and may be the next on my list from this pack to play. All of the scenarios are large and meaty…not an afternoon playing; you are going to need most of the day to play these.

The maps are very nice, and on the “new standard” SK style. Of note, the art on these was done by our very own Bruce Kirkaldy…take a bow, Bruce…nice work! BFP A mainly features a railyard with RR sidings and a large terminal building in the center. BFP B features more RR's and sidings, and has a couple of large factories as well. The half-board overlay represents a destroyed urban area, with rubble and partially rubbled buildings. The large factory overlay will hopefully see use in scenarios designs from other designers, as it is a very useful overlay.

If you have not yet picked up a copy of ITR, I highly recommend that you do so.

Semper Fi!
    Scott

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.