January 26th Game Day in San Diego; AAR

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum SD Game Days January 26th Game Day in San Diego; AAR

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

We had a nice solid 5 members at the January edition of our San Diego Game at Steve Thorne’s house in Escondido.

Fred Timm and Ish Molnar paired up for the first time and chose “The Black Ravens Are Flying” from Festung Budapest. Steve and I had previously played it and recommended it to them, and it proved to be a good choice. In the end, Fred’s Axis troops defeated Ish’s Russians.

And because Rob Feinstein had to cut out early, he joined Steve as the Japanese against me as the Chinese in our pre-arranged scenario “Into the Grinding Mill” from Journal 10. I set up about as far back as I could and stayed the hell away from the wood buildings due to the pre-game bombardment. That strategy paid off, as I lost only 1 squad broken despite a half dozen rubbled buildings in the village. In the end, though the Japanese broke through my left flank, they came up just two hexes short of my last-stand building location. It was a fun and exciting scenario that was well worth the effort. Steve got to run his first Banzai attack, and followed it up with three more by the end of the day. Fun stuff indeed!

Instead of our usual trip to Farmer Boys for lunch, we got pizzas from a new place near the house. Julie was kind enough to pick up our order. It worked out really well.

Thanks again to Steve and Julie for hosting us once again!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.