January 28th Game Day at 'At Ease' Games

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum SD Game Days January 28th Game Day at 'At Ease' Games

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

We had 5 members in attendance for the January edition of our San Diego Game Day at “At Ease Games” in Poway:

Victor Bahar and Ish Molnar paired up for the classic “Five Pound Prize”. Ish’s Germans defeated Victor’s Brits.

And Kevin Legge and I pair up against Rob Feinstein in “Bitty-P” from the new Action Pack 8. This is a pretty meaty scenario with Rob’s Germans attacking over the level 4 hill on board 5a and into the village below. Our Brits were tasked with defending the stone buildings on board 1a. Things went badly for Rob for the first turn and a half, with three tanks dead in short order at the hands of our 57L. But Rob did what all great players do; he shrugged off his personal morale check and drove his troops forward. It turned out to be a very close thing, and because we had a 5:00 PM deadline we decided to call it a draw. We all agreed we’d like to try this one again.

Because time was a factor, we decided to hike over to Submariner for a sandwich. It was kind of funny, because Poway is a pricey area and Submariner is a restaurant chain I frequent. But for the life of me, the employees in that store all looked like they were on work release from San Quentin.

Anyway, it was a great day of ASL.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.