January Game Day AAR

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum SD Game Days January Game Day AAR

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

Greetings ASL fans;

We had seven players attend our January Game Day at Jimmy Hansen’s house in San Diego.

Henry Devries and Hank W. paired up in the Out of the Bunker classic scenario “Hotly Contested Crossroads” with Henry’s Germans falling to Hank’s Russians.

And while that was going on, I pair up with Kevin Legge as the French against Fred Timm’s Germans in “Point 247”, also from the Out of the Bunker pack. This was Kevin’s first face-to-face game, but I’m afraid the only thing I was able to help him with was to demonstrate how not to set up fortifications. The scenario has two bunkers, three wire and four trenches, all with particular set-up restrictions. It was clear after turn one that the French set-up was screwed and it went down hill from there. And Fred is too good a player not see and exploit a weak set-up. Kevin’s forward blocking force fought well, but eventually got chewed up by the German air support. I guess this might be a cool scenario, but honestly the French fortification restrictions don’t allow for a lot of creativity. I’d try it again though. Oh, and if you haven’t figured it out by now, the French lost.

Jimmy and Al opted to finish a miniatures game they had underway. It looked pretty cool.

We adjourned for lunch at our usual Mexican place, and ate outside. It was a great day. The San Diego Game Day will not meet next month due to West Coast Melee.

Robin

Sounds like a good time. I will be back for February game day. Currently suffering the slings and arrows of outrageous misfortune prepping for the LSAT on Feb 12. What a bogus metric.

Victor

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.