June 16th Game Day at At Ease AAR

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum SD Game Days June 16th Game Day at At Ease AAR

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

Turnout was a little light for the June edition of the San Diego Game Day; just me and Steve Thorne. But that’s fine, it is what it is. Steve wanted to do a Marine v. Japanese scenario, so we chose “Jungle Infiltrators” from Journal 9. It turned out to be a good choice. It was fun, interesting, fast playing, and challenging to both sides. I think this would be a good intro scenario for learning the jungle rules. The Marines have the option to bring on Chesty Puller (the ultimate 10-3) at the cost of some VP’s. What’s not to like about that! And the Japanese get some randomly appearing reinforcements, which is also cool.

In the end, the last of my Japanese troops died in HtH CC while killing a Marine half squad and 8-0 leader, earning just enough CVP’s for the win. Wow, what a game!

Instead of our usual run to SubMarina for lunch, we headed over to Filippi’s and split a “The Works” pizza. Man, I miss Filippi’s. Fun scenario, fun opponent and a terrific lunch; is that a great way to spend a Saturday or what?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.