March 24th Game Day at 'At Ease Games' AAR

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum SD Game Days March 24th Game Day at 'At Ease Games' AAR

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

Our turnout for our March San Diego Game Day may have been a little light, but we made the most with what we had.

Ish Molnar and Fred McDowell took the attacking Americans against my Germans in “Crossfire” from the “Roads to Rome” AP. Kevin Kiff and Ed Esparza played this scenario last Saturday at Emerald Knights, and it was an all day, down-to-last-CC battle. Both guys recommended it, and I put it on my play list. It has the additional advantage of being a very good choice for 3 players.

Like a lot of the scenarios in this pack, it has sudden death VC’s. Ish and Fred concluded (correctly I think) that the Americans' best chance for victory is in the first couple of turns, while the Germans are forced to stay spread out, before they can draw into a hedgehog position in a corner of the village. They came on hard, and though I was able to inflict some damage, they were able to grab the requisite number of buildings with a successful CC on turn two for the sudden death win. It’s a good scenario, and I’d happily play it again. Like all of the scenarios in this Action Pack, it much larger and more complicated than it looks. Those two turns took the better part of the afternoon to play. If you choose this scenario, I recommend having the defender do a set-up in advance if you’re pressed for playing time.

Ish and Fred played a great game, and we had a lot of fun. We also enjoyed a nice lunch prepared by the inmates on work release over at the nearby SubMarina.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.