May 26th Game Day at At Ease Games

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum SD Game Days May 26th Game Day at At Ease Games

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

Rob Feinstein ran the San Diego Game Day at At Ease Games in Poway, where we had four members in attendance.

Rob and Don Petros paired up for “Guns for St. Barbara”. Here's Rob's recap: ” My Americans shit-kicked his initial Nazi garrison back a few rows beyond the VC area, and his wave of reinforcements (although plenty strong and nasty enough) had to fight through a 2 hex bottleneck just to get to the end game staging area to eliminate me from the VC zone. He got hot on one side and I totally collapsed, but the other (with my 9-2) was just too tough a nut to crack with only the final 1/2 turn remaining. His Panther started strong and took out a Sherman right away, then he idled for a turn and shot at some dink concealed unit in a stone building. Sensing opportunity slipping away, he fired up that Panther and moved out – screw the shrimp in the building. That shrimp had a BAZ, the Panther rounded the corner w/o turning his turret, and I hit him in the turret. Oh well. Frankly, the tanks have very little role in AP72 – it's an infantry fight in super-dense stone village terrain.”

And while they were fighting it out, Steve and Scott Thorne paired up for a short scenario. They all adjourned for the usual sandwiches served by the kind-of-scary inmates at the nearby SubMarina. Rob summed up the day: “We wrapped up at 4:00 PM… A good time was had by all.” There you have it. Thanks to everyone who supported both events!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.