New Stackpole Books – Fall 2010

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum Military History New Stackpole Books – Fall 2010

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    King Scott

Guys;

Several new titles being released in Fall 2010 by Stackpole Books that look really interesting:

1. Rhodesian War: A Military History by McLaughlin.
    2. Blitzkrieg Unleashed: The German Invasion of Poland, 1939 by Richard Hargreaves.
    3. Condor: The Luftwaffe in Spain by Patrick Laureau.

I think I'll try to get the Rhodesian War book first…back in High School, I had a complete Rhodesian Army camouflage uniform that I got from my uncle who was a big game hunter & taxidermist and I used to wear the pants to school.

Semper Fi!
    Scott

King Scott

While not new, I just picked up a used copy of Penalty Strike: The Memoirs of a Red Army Penal Company Commander, 1943-45 by Alexander V. Pyl'cyn, ISBN 978-0-8117-3599-5. I have not started to read it yet, and probably will not have a chance until the summer break, but it looks really interresting. Most notably, from my quick flip through the book, is a picture showing a Maxim MG *DISSASSEMBLED* and being carried in at least two loads…one soldier is carrying the wheeled base on his back and the soldier in front of him is craddling the MG itself in his arms.

The ASLRB does not allow Russian MMGs to be dismantled, but this picture would seem to indicate otherwise. Perhaps it takes an inordinate amount of time to assemble/dissasemble the Maxim that it can not be done quickly enough to be represented in ASL…shrug…who knows, but an interesting picture none the less.

Semper Fi!
    Scott

Robin

Scott,

It is a “so-so” read.

Peace,

Casta

King Scott

Casta;

Thanks for the heads up. Also, read up on Italian poet & author Gabriele D'Anunzio and his occupation of Fiume from September 1919 to December 1920…this is the guy that I was telling you about that Mussolini and the Fascists appropriated his use of invented myths, cults, and ceremonies. Interesting stuff.

Semper Fi!
    Scott

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.