Problems with Online Store

SoCal ASL Forums SoCal ASL Club Members Club Happenings Problems with Online Store

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

Hi Folks,

Not sure if it's my computer / browser or a problem related to the forums / paypal, but everytime I try to pay my dues (yeah I'm late I know) I get taken to a paypal page that says it cannot complete the transaction. Guess i'll bring my cash to the next LA Game Day in Oct. Just thought I'd let ya know.

Nick

Nick,

Your not the first that has had problems, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to see what the actual problems are. If you are able to try that from a different computer, that might help narrow down if it is computer/browser related.

-Paul

Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

Paul,

Finally discovered what was causing my problems. By default cookies are disabled in my browser. Without cookies enabled for the paypal.com domain the checkout from the club store doesn't work – I'm assuming cookies are needed because it's a cross domain action (socalals.com to paypal.com) as I don't need cookies enabled when I navigate directly to paypal and make a purchase.

Here is a quick summary of what I did to fix the problem that anyone else running Vista with IE8 may be able to use in order to resolve the same issue. Note this may work with earlier versions of IE as well, but no guarantees.
    [list=type]From the menu items select Tools -> Internet Options (Internet Options window will appear)*From within the Internet Options window select the Privacy tab.*From within the Privacy tab select the button labeled Sites. This will launch the Per Site Privacy Options dialog box.*From within the Per Site Privacy options dialog box enter paypal.com in the space labeled Address of web site, then select the button Allow. This action should add paypal.com to the list of Managed Websites allowing paypal.com cookies to be stored locally.[/list]If you use a different browser, follow your browsers instructions for granting per site privilages to store cookies locally.

So now I'm current for 2009! and ready for 2010. Doesn't get much better than that on a Friday !lol

Nick

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.