Progress Report: 03/14/2015 "Kampfgruppe Scherer: The Shield of Cholm" CG

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum OC Game Days Progress Report: 03/14/2015 "Kampfgruppe Scherer: The Shield of Cholm" CG

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

We had four players for our initial meeting of our CG “Shield of Cholm” by LFT. We split into sides, with Jim Cotugno and Dave Kocot taking the attacking Russians against me and Scott Thompson as the German defenders.

We spent some time getting the map set up and doing our purchases, after which Scott and I started setting up the Germans. Dave and Jim broke out one of the scenarios to play, and that consumed most of the remainder of the day. We will be ready to launch straight into the action next month.

This CG takes place in Cholm, northwest of Moscow, over four days in late-February, 1942. It’s played on a HASL map about the size of Red Barricades, and features a fairly large Russian town bisected by a river. Extreme winter conditions are in effect, and the map reflects the stark, snow-covered landscape to good effect. There some interesting strategic aspects to the CG, including scheduled air drops of supplies and ammunition. The Russians have a strong, but not unlimited, force to attack with, supported by some T34 M41’s and T60 M40’s.

Because the Russians are attacking from 3 different map edges, the CG is quite playable with 3 players per side. So if this is something that interests you, by all means please join us next month. We can use the help.

We had our usual ‘gamer’s lunch’ of hamburgers and hot dogs, and wrapped up around 5:30. Please join us next month. I guarantee the action will be fast and furious.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.