Rout Question

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum ASL Rules Questions Rout Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

As I'm re-familiarizing myself with the intricacies of ASL, I find myself doing certain things and not really being sure about the basis for my rules interpretation. One such instance arose with a rout away from an ADJACENT KEU in a connected woods hex to my broken unit. Rather than rout one hex away (into more woods of the same 'complex') I chose to rout completely out of the woods (out of KEU LOS) across some OG and into a building where a friendly leader was located. My opponent suggested that by a strict reading of A10.51 I had to stop in that first non-ADJACENT woods hex (only buildings allow you to ignore hexes of the same building complex in choosing a rout destination).

See the graphic for details:
    1) Broken half-squad in w10 is the subject of the discussion
    2) Opponent says only rout option is v10
    3) I routed to T9 via v9 and u10

A34_UST4_Rout_Q.png

If I am correct, on what basis was I allowed to ignore w10?

Thanks,
    -Nadir

Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

Nadir,

Your opponent is correct; you can't treat the woods you're in as a “complex” in the same way you can for a building. In the example below you have to rout to V10 and stop. You could only ignore V10 if it was equidistant to a KEU.

Regards,

Jim

Anonymous

Thanks, Jim!

Anonymous

So tell me if I have this right then, in the following example a German squad was broken in S4 by a '1' Sniper dr. If it has to rout to the nearest woods/bldg hex, it will end up moving closer to an enemy unit that isn't known at the time it broke – right? I see the possibilities as any of the surrounding buildings as all are ADJ.

Is the only alternative to remain in-place? (not that I think that's a good idea tactically as the US player will be coming across the street very soon).

G6_Rout_Q.png

without the counters for clarity:
    G6_Rout_Q2.png

Thanks!
    -N

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.