Scenario AARs

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum Scenario AARs Scenario AARs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Played something fun, lately? Throw us an AAR so we can revel in your glory/deafeat as well! Please use the Title of the scenario and ID if you want to create a new thread.

Robin

Hello,
    I just sent you a word, but as I registered since then, I will ask my question a second time: where does one find the scenario aars and stats, as they were accessible before?
    Thanks in advance
    Robin

Hello Robin!
    Just so it's on record here too, I created a new top level link to the Original Webpage. That takes you to where the old aar's and scenario information is. Over time, I hope to incorporate that data into this website.

-Groo

rdf

Just finished Scenario One of VotG CGIV. What a bloodfest! The Russians Lost:

4.5 NKVD 6-2-8's
    1.5 HQ 6-2-8's
    8 5 -2-7's
    18 4-4-7's
    11 NKVD 4-2-6's
    14 4-2-6's
    1 2-2-8
    1 9-2
    1 8-0
    1 8-1
    2 9-0's
    1 8-1 Wounded (haven't rolled for survival yet)
    1 9-0 Wounded “
    3 T-34 M41's (2 of which might be recovered)
    3 KV-1 M42's (one lost in a cellar, 2 unrecoverable)

Germans Lost:

4 8-3-8's
    2 5-4-8's
    12 4-6-7's
    6 4-4-7's
    1 9-2
    1 8-1
    1 8-1 Wounded (recovery pending)

2 Flak AFV's (1 recoverable)
    1 StuG G Immobilized
    1 StuG G Ended with SMC in Melee — likely to be destroyed

The Russians had two heroic leaders (one Commissar) and one Hero.
    The Germans had 4 heroes, 2 KIA, 1 wounded (recovery pending)

Massive Fires: D40-D43-E41-E45-F42-F44 and
    D13-D18-E14, E16-E19-F16,F18,G18
    Germans control F36 building, one hex (G22) of G22 building, which was made into a Strongpoint.
    German salient in North reached T1-U3-U5 area.
    Germans bought the maximum Stuka package and were responsible for all but one of the Russian Tank Kills (the other was a CC by a MMC/Hero.
    Fun game, but jeeze what a bloodbath!

Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

Dave,

Who did you play against?

rdf

A guy named Doyle Motes (playing the Russians) from Texas, over VASL.

King Scott

Candice came over last week and we played S14 88's at Zon as she was wanting to get a handle on how Guns work. We talked over what sides to play, and as Candice wanted watch Guns and to attack, we settled on her taking the Americans and metaking the Germans.

No crafty or devious set up in this one from me…I stuck one 88 in L0 and the other in H0, and the few troops scattered across the board, with LMG's in O6 & J3.

Cadice's T1 troops came up on the hill in the area of J9/I9/H9, and got stopped by fire from G7 & G6…they then slid over towards K9 and into the village in later turns along the L hexrow. Her T2 troops came in with most of the troops heading through the N9/M10/L9 woods, but had the 9-2 & MMG head for O9. I got a lucky shot in my turn that broke the firebase in O9, buying my defenders more time to delay the attack.

My defense saw a lot of skulking and cat-and-mouse delaying tactics to eat up the clock and slow down Candice's attack…but she kept up the pressure and was slowly moving into the middle of the village, made easier when my flanking LMG unit in the O9 building broke and had to rout back to the P2 building. As Candice's troops moved into the O5/O6 building to support her attack into the L5 block, I opened up with the 88 in L0 and vaporized a unit in N4 and Pinned the 9-2 in O5. All the while, I was slowly losing the few troops that I had…a K/ here, a KIA there, a double break here…until I found myself at the end with a 4-6-7/LMG in P1 and the 88's in L0 and H0. It was looking very tough for Candice, almost too tough to overcome, but then she generated a NMC on the 88 crew in L0, who promtly immolated themselves with a boxcars…then the unit in P1 fired the LMG and rolled snakes to cower and end my D-fire opportunities…and the door was prised open at the end for Candice's troops to rush though the gap right at the end.

Semper Fi!
    Scott

testuser

Don't forget the 7-0 in K-5 who was holding me up because SK has no INF overrun. That was pretty annoying, but I won anyhow so it all worked out.

It was a great game and Scott was a fun opponent. The scenario is very good and the best ASLSK scen I've yet played.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.