The Battle of the Tanks: Kursk 1943 by Lloyd Clark

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum Military History The Battle of the Tanks: Kursk 1943 by Lloyd Clark

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Despite the somewhat clunky title , Battle of the Tanks is quite an interesting read ,and , if you are thirsting for another book on the battles at Kursk this is a fine choice. Clark, the author of Anzio, and Crossing the Rhine,starts this tome off with short but information filled histories of post WW1 Germany and the fledgling U,S.S.R. Clark then
    sketches out the beginnings of war in the east with an overview of Operation Barbarossa and finally leading up to the subject at hand , namely the battles in the Kursk region that began in July 1943.

Clark writes his story via interviews, diary accounts [ from both sides] combat records and official archives.
    Included are detailed maps with unit dispositions , photos, and ending up with the order of battle of both sides.
    I recommend this book as its quite an informatiive read that will keep you turning the pages.

The Battle of the Tanks is published by Atlantic Monthly press 2011, and retails at $30.00
    However, I purchased my copy at Costco just before Christmas for a mere $17.00 and change if you are at all
    interested in this book I suggest you recon your local Costco [ they are everywhere, of course] and plunk down the
    cash for this worthwhile history.

Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

Thanks EV. I'll definately pick that one up to help with the Ponyri background info.

Just a note: Costco seems to exhausted its supply of “The Battle of the Tanks” . However I found that Amazon .com has the book available for just $18.00 and change!
    Get em while they're hot!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.