Armored Halftracks forming a Anti Aircraft fire group.

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum ASL Rules Questions Armored Halftracks forming a Anti Aircraft fire group.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Rosner

Armored Halftracks forming a Anti Aircraft fire group.

Just wondering if this can be done, if the HTs both have AA capablity.

Mike

King Scott

Mike;

No, yaou can not…See E7.5 third to the last sentance in the long paragraph…”An AA-capable weapon marked with an AA counter may not form a FG [EXC: Mandatory FG; A7.55] or use a Fire Lane vs Aerial targets, nor may it use Subsequent First Fire/Intensive/Sustained Fire vs Aircraft (or vs any ground target in that Player Turn).”

Semper Fi!
    Scott

David Rosner

Thanks Scott, I'll read those rules passages.

Mike

David Rosner

So here is a follow up question: If the armored HTs are in the same hex and firing at an aircraft in AA mode , can this done?

per 7.55 MANDATORY FG: If Good Order units/weapons in the same Location are going to fire at the same target (i.e., at both the same Location and the same unit and the same “simultaneous” [8.1] MF/MP expenditure;
    see D3.5) during the same phase they must form a FG [EXC: Fire Lane; 9.22]; they may not attack separately except with ordnance/FT/DC or the subsequent shots of multiple ROF weapons (9.2).

King Scott

If they are both in the same hex, then it seems that A7.55 would come into effect.

Hey…what do I know?…Im onlyh an ASL collector these days! ha ha

Semper Fi!
    Scott

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.