CH "Third Bridge" (2nd ed.) CG: Status Report

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum General ASL CH "Third Bridge" (2nd ed.) CG: Status Report

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Robin

Hello all:

Here's where the upcoming multi-player CG of CH's “Third Bridge” HASL module stands.

First, and general apologies for this all-round, but after consulting with several club members, we have two sign-ups already (Blair Belamy & Ed Esparza). And, it turns out that, for them (as well as me), the best day to do the CG sessions will be Thursdays. Fully realizing that this will leave out most of the folks in the club, I apologize for this but my best judgment as to how to make the game viable would be to go with the day best for the already-confirmed players. So, it looks like that will have to be the meet days. Regularity of play will depend on whatever's best for the full roster once set.

OK, that said we need at least one (and ideally two) more players. If anyone's interested, please post here and/or e-mail me.

I have a CG going at my place with Nadir now (PB), which likely won't wrap up for at least a month. Though I have the room for it, I'd prefer not to have two CG's going & standing set-up at the same time here, so I'd prefer to wait until that current CG is finished before we start the “Third Bridge” CG.

I'm close to finishing the SSR/RePh/Info package that all the players will receive. I basically re-wrote the “Third Bridge” rulebook as printed by CH, incorporating known errata, “house rule” clarifications, and some additions, with some more detailed sections governing the RePh actions. Background: Originally, using CH's “Platoon Leader” CG rules, players of this CG had to flip back and forth between the regular TB rules, and the “Platoon Leader” rules — a most difficult and confusing prospect at best — especially given that there were some direct contraditions in one or two of the sections. So, the player's package will assume that no one has the TB rules and/or Platoon Leader, and will contain everything needed to play the CG. I should be finished with this in 2-3 weeks.

Here's a download link to the initial scenario that I slightly modified (the original CG didn't have a scenario card; instead it relied on various SR's that were in more than one place in the booklet. BTW, a big thanks to Nadir Elfarra for the graphics work. He's plainly a genius at graphics and quite an ASL guru (well, at least in my eyes):

http://www.4shared.com/file/21M8B6HD/Initial_Scenario_Card.html

As of now, the plan is to have all the players meet here at my place towards the end of this month, to play one of the “Third Bridge” scenarios (“Whoa Mohammed!” which is the best of the scenarios in the pack and an excellent one to play to prepare for the CG).

So, anyone interested in being in on this CG please post here and/or e-mail me. Note: If we get 5 confirmed players, the plan is for me to G.M. the CG — something I'd be eager to do and not at all disappointed if I were merely playing.

Kevin

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.