Combined Arms Tactics

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum Fighting The Good Fight Combined Arms Tactics

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David Rosner

I am having trouble using combined arms in both attack and defence.

Is there suggested reading I could do to improve this part of my game.

Thanks Mike

Anonymous

One thing in particular that works well for me is Armored Assault. Especially against Germans as you not only get your infantry up there for the attack but you also have infantry with the tank in case the Germans come running out with the their PF.

And just in general, using AFVs as cover during an attack – with some of the weaker ones, it seems to be the best they can do. :)

Geoff

MIke,

Tactics will generally depend on what your specific mission is. Its hard to give one good comphrensive answer.
    Geoff is heading you in the right direction, infantry needs to coordinate with afvs.ie: a half squad can help protect an OT afv, lets say a marder from snipers by being in the same hex,possibly absorbing a 1 SAN,infantry can also keep enemy infantry at distance perhaps denying an enemy LATW a shot at your afv.
    Also, you can possibly flush an enemy ATG with infantry etc.Again, it really depends on the specifics of the scenario and what the enemy has to oppose you.Might make for a neat talk over lunch at next game day, what do you think? ev

Use infantry smoke grenades to cover the movement of your vehicles…. Ask Cicero. Epic game that I still hate him for. =)

Best way to learn is to jump in. Play the good players and see how they use them. It really is more art than science

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.