February 15th Game Day in Sherman Oaks AAR

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum LA Game Days February 15th Game Day in Sherman Oaks AAR

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

We had a solid 10 members for the February edition of our ASL Game Day at Paper Hero's in Sherman Oaks:

Dan Plachta's Germans defeated Mike Soffa's Americans in “Road Kill”.

Peter Strand's Americans defeated Dave Rosner's Germans in “City on the Edge”.

Dave Nicholas' Germans defeated Larry Reinking's French in “Go Big or Go Home”.

Sal Pelaez' Belgians squeezed out a victory against James Quinn's Germans in “Belgian Blitzkreig”.

And Eric Visnowski took the attacking Italians against my Greeks in the Schwerepunkt scenario “Battle of Mali Spadarit”. We were looking for a mini-tournament scenario, and this one looked good: 4.5 turns, all infantry. The problem was ROAR has this 5/10 pro-Greek. So we took it straight up to start, and by turn 3 it was obvious the Italians needed some serious help. So we rebooted, with me taking the Italians. We gave them two extra squads, and bumped one of the 9-1's to a 9-2. By turn 3 my Italians were winning handily. So we then tried it a third time, with Eric taking the Italians with 1 extra squad and the 9-2. This final playing proved that three times is the charm. Our playing came down to the last dice roll, with my Greeks pulling out a last movement phase win. We liked this scenario a lot. It's quick, fun and all about the basics. As many of you know, Eric and I love lightning fast play. That well honed skill gave us the opportunity to play this scenario 3 times and really dial in a fix. As usual, we had a lot of laughs and a lot of fun along the way.

We had our usual lunch next door at Nat's. The survivors adjourned to Bob's Big Boy for our usual late dinner. It was a nice day with a great turn-out!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.