June 30th Shooting Event AAR

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum Club Events June 30th Shooting Event AAR

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

We had 13 members and guests for our first ever “trip to the range”, and what a great success it was…

Mike Cirrincione, who conceived and organized the trip, got to the Angeles Range in Sylmar early to reserve some tables for us. The remaining members and guests: Eric Visnowski, Bill Yuen and his wife Angie, Rob Stai and his step-dad Bob, Eric Nyquist, Scott Thompson, Geoff Coward, Dave Nicholas, and Mike Soffa, joined me and my wife April in the parking lot, then headed up the hill to sign in and join Mike on the range just after 9:00 AM.

A lot of hardware came out on the rifle side of the range: an M-1 Springfield, M-1 carbine, Mauser, Lee Enfield, M-14, AR-15 and a lot more. After a couple of hours we moved over to the pistol side. EV brought out his .44 magnum revolver. Most of the rest was automatics; .22, .45, 9 mm’s among others.

On a personal note, this was my wife’s first time shooting, and I want to thank Mike C. for loaning her the perfect starter rifle; a light weight .22, and a .22 target pistol. I got to try the Lee Enfield (sweet), the Mauser and M-1 carbine (my favorite) in succession. April and I had a ton of fun, and so did everyone else.

In the early afternoon we wrapped it up and headed over to Bear Pit Barbecue for a very enjoyable group lunch. On top of it all, the weather was perfect; we had a nice cool breeze at our backs throughout the morning. I want to thank everyone who came and offered to share their various weapons and ammo. And I want to thank Mike Cirrincione for conceiving and organizing this trip. We’ll definitely do it again.

testuser

Sorry I missed it! Sounds like it was great fun!

Mike,

Thanks for making this happen,great job! I especially wanted to thank you for getting to the range well ahead of everyone else and staking out our territory.
    The range was filled to capacity upon the arrival of the balance of our group and without your effort would have been problematic to say the least.
    I had a great time and am now intending to resume my old hobby of plinking away at the range [ and elsewhere ] after a long hiatus. I am WAY out of
    practice and discipline.

I can't wait for a return trip ! BTW if anyone else can't wait , perhaps we can get in some range time on a Sunday or non game day.

Regards, EV

David Rosner

Thanks Jim and Eric. Had a GREAT time, but if isn't wasn't for the great turn out…it would have been range time without the friends. Thanks to everyone that brought their weapons for use to use. I had a great time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.