Moving to Georgia

SoCal ASL Forums SoCal ASL Club Members Club Happenings Moving to Georgia

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    testuser

Hi all,

I'm moving back to Georgia on Oct 10th, to save money and to be with my aging father. It has been a long time coming, as I moved out here right as the economy went south. I don't see it getting better for a couple years, and it's just too expensive to live here.

I want everyone in this club to know I will miss you and that the time I spent in play and fellowship was some of the best time during my stay here in southern California. I'll be sure to try and keep in touch and to visit for WCM if possible.

-Candice

King Scott

I'm really sorry to hear that, Candice–you'll be missed! :((

You'll have to keep us posted on the GA ASL scene and, maybe, consider some VASL games with your SoCal pals.

Best wishes for you and your family. :D

David Rosner

I am sorry to see you go Candice, I have enjoyed the games that we have played. I have learned a lot. You will be missed.

Mike

King Scott

Candice;

I am sad to hear this news. It has been a pleasure getting to know you and to share some games with you. I regret that we did not get a chance to play more games together, especially since we were living so close to one another…at least you got to see the guy with the Hitler-moustache at the pizza place! :)

My kids will miss the opportunity to tease me about having a girl over to the house…and the opportunity to ease-drop on us and copy down what they like to call “geek-speak”…the last time you were over and we played Vienna Woods, it turns out that my kids were listening in from upstairs and copying down what we were saying and then reading it back out of context…one of us would say something like “2…4…5…8…8 up 2” and then my kids would make comments like “they don't know how to add!”

I wish you nothing but the best back in Georgia…I know that you have said that it has been difficult being sepparated from your family. Now that you have had a chance to be a part of our club for a while, make sure that you locate the local ASL club there and show them how it's done! Please be sure to keep in touch with us and let us know how you are doing…I hope that you have the opportunity to make it back out here again for WCM.

Semper Fi!
    Scott

testuser

Aww, you guys are great. This club and the friends I've made are going to be the thing I miss most from California.

King Scott

Sorry to hear that you are going :(

Spend as much time with your dad as you can.
    Those times are precious. I know because my dad
    just passed away last Friday 9/11/09 at the age of 81
    He told me stories about being a 13 year old paper boy on December 7th 1941
    living in Honolulu and watching the attack on Pearl Harbor.

I enjoyed playing agaist a worthy opponent and friend. :)
    You will be missed but keep in touch.

Good Luck and Godspeed.

-Bill

testuser

Bill, I'm really sad to hear about your father. I'm glad though that he shared stories from his childhood with you. I'll be sure to listen to my own dad's stories more when I move back.

testuser

I made it to GA, through the wind and the cold safely. It took about three days, but it wasn't that bad a drive. I've moved into a new place, about twice the size and half the rent of the old place in Placentia.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, and I hope to see you all again. Perhaps at West Coast Melee, or even at ASLOK.

Take care of yourselves and roll low,
    Candice

Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

Hey Candice,

Glad to hear you made it back to Georgia safely. Hope things go well there as you settle in. Stay in touch and hope to see you sometime at one of the national events!

Nick

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.