Operations Special Edition Mini-HASL

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum ASL Product Reviews Operations Special Edition Mini-HASL

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Robin

Citizens,

What have you folks heard about this product?

Is it A.S.L. related?

Peace,

Casta

King Scott

Of ASL interest, it will contain a mini-HASL covering Singling, France in late '44…map is a different departure from ASL art, but looks nice (looks like Lock -N-Load maps). It will also contain a Iwo Jima game (Rage against the Marines)…area movement I think, like Thunder at Cassino.

It will not be cheap…$40…it will go on sale on MMP's website next Monday 08-11-08…sales are initially limited to just *ONE* per customer forthe first week…limited print run that will never be reprinted (someting to do with the contract for the Iwo Jima game)…treating us like the crack-whores that we are.

Semper Fi!
    Scott

testuser

I will be relying on all you “whores” if I ever want to play anything from this issue. $40 is just crazy since I have 0 interest in anything but the ASL content.

It's amazing how the idea of limited supply causes such a panic. IMO MMP should announce all future ASL product as limited runs with no reprints. That way they sell out everything on day 1. ~:(

Meh..I already got mine…it's kinda cool but probably not worth the $40.

King Scott

@Candice wrote:

I will be relying on all you “whores” if I ever want to play anything from this issue. $40 is just crazy since I have 0 interest in anything but the ASL content.

It's amazing how the idea of limited supply causes such a panic. IMO MMP should announce all future ASL product as limited runs with no reprints. That way they sell out everything on day 1. ~:(

It cheeses me off that they stuck the mini-HASL in the Operations Magazine, when it would have been *PERFECT* for a Journal…oh well, not my decision to make.

I also just found out that it will have two SK scenarios in it as well…at least it's more ASL content.

I want it mainly because I am a completionist…but it stinks they way they are handling it, and is way too much money.

Semper Fi!
    Scott

testuser

I suppose it's not too much if you care about all the other content in the issue. Things like an Iwo Jima area movement (whatever that means) game, counters for some game I don't own, and a bunch of stuff about game lines I have no interest in. It's just like a computer magazine with a free CD of crap I don't want. I get the magazine because I want something else and the “bonus” is just gravy.

The difference is a normal magazine is $5, this thing is $40 + S&H.

Matt, how did you get one if I may ask?

King Scott

@King Scott wrote:

It cheeses me off that they stuck the mini-HASL in the Operations Magazine, when it would have been *PERFECT* for a Journal…oh well, not my decision to make.

I also just found out that it will have two SK scenarios in it as well…at least it's more ASL content.

I want it mainly because I am a completionist…but it stinks they way they are handling it, and is way too much money.

Semper Fi!
    Scott

I know what you mean!!!

I guess they have to find some way to boost the
    sales of their magazine.

David Rosner

I am such a renegade anymore….I would just rather get the counter art and Hexmap and make my own. Granted it's nice, but the powers just want to squeeze us for whatever the market will bear. The stuff I make is acid free and will last for a long, long time.

I would not buy anything that is such a whipped horse, like it's already been said here, “Why buy stuff that is 60% no interest. Hey MMP how about I send you $20.00 and you keep all of the non-asl merchandise?

testuser

Over on Game Squad they are begging to know the exact second this goes on sale on MMP's website! This is so in$ane.

It had best be the 3rd coming of Jesus or something. ASL is nice, but it's not “camp out on the sidewalk in line” nice. Of course, Singling might be the best CG experience evar and the SK scenarios might be the best to ever be published for the game. If so, $40 will seem like a bargain.

In comparison, I paid $50 for VotG from the club, and it has 5 counter sheets, 16 scenarios, three campaign games, and a big beautiful historical map. Yet since it isn't “limited print run” I guess it's not as good a buy.

Sorry, I'm bitter. I'm not sure why, but I'm bitter.

David Rosner

Call it what it is….speculation. Limited print run means big money on the secondary market. Seems crazy to me, but what do I know I am a crazied ASL whore at heart. !amazed

Mike C

King Scott

Got mine ordered this morning…here's the link for those interested…

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Operations/prodops-si1.php

Semper Fi!
    Scott

King Scott

Dang….
    Just ordered my issue of $40 ASL Crack….
    …..who else ordered one?????

@Candice wrote:

I suppose it's not too much if you care about all the other content in the issue. Things like an Iwo Jima area movement (whatever that means) game, counters for some game I don't own, and a bunch of stuff about game lines I have no interest in. It's just like a computer magazine with a free CD of crap I don't want. I get the magazine because I want something else and the “bonus” is just gravy.

The difference is a normal magazine is $5, this thing is $40 + S&H.

Matt, how did you get one if I may ask?

Cause I have…connections…(makes an obscure Mafia facial-hand gesture and nods knowingly).

…or because I wanted to get someone to ask that question thinking I was more tied into the ASL firmament than I really am…

I don't have a copy yet…I have two!

testuser

How come you didn't bring it today to the trunk sale?

Anonymous

Ordered this on Monday afternoon. It was not in today's mail, however. From what I can tell, there is the mini-HASL with 2 ASL scenarios, 2 ASLSK scenarios, and a Historical version of “In Sight of the Volga” taking part on the VOTG map. There are no ASL-related counters (not even errata counters)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.