Operations Special Edition Mini-HASL

SoCal ASL Forums General Forum ASL Product Reviews Operations Special Edition Mini-HASL

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Got mine yesterday…for real. It came in a huge box with tons of stuffing…ridiculous…for which I paid $8.50 in S&H. Nice. Inside, the ASL-related goodies include 2x SK scenarios, 2xHASL scenarios and a remade In Sight of the Volga using the VotG board. Also included are the CG rules (Chapter Z) for the Singling CG. The two HASL scenarios are on this new map. Oh yeah..there is SUPPOSED to be a HASL map…of course, mine was missing. Glad I paid for those handling charges.

There is no mention of the CG in the magazine…no summary page or listing in the TOC. It is just an insert that refers to the 2 included scenarios. Makes me wonder…why wasn't this inlcuded in the next Journal rather than shoe-horn it into a product that is 98% dedicatd to non-ASL stuff? Hmmm.

I am glad for the scenarios. I will be glad when I get my map. The CG looks short and possibly fun. But at $48.50, this product is kinda hard to swallow from an ASL perspective.

I'll make sure to bring it to the BBQ…hope I have my map by then.

King Scott

I received mine today…and I got the Singling map in mine. :)

Odd thing was that it was not delivered to my house…it showed up at my in0law's house across town. I used my home address when I ordered it, the confirmation has my home address, the packing slip inside the box has my home address, but the label on the outside of the box has my in-law's address on the other side of town. Weird…

Semper Fi!
    Scott

testuser

How did MMP know!?

Also, a full review (along with the provenance i.e. missing map, insane S&H) could go into the Product Review forum. It might help us all decide if this product is worth buying.

Matt, I agree that this thing seems horribly overpriced and that the HASL was most likely included simply to try to sell the magazine regardless of its merits for inclusion. Operations is *not* an ASL publication. It's an ASLSK publication. If this was a ASLSK campaign game it might make more sense but still would be very overpriced.

I'm looking forward to seeing this limited collector's item in person at the BBQ.

King Scott

@Candice wrote:

Also, a full review (along with the provenance i.e. missing map, insane S&H) could go into the Product Review forum. It might help us all decide if this product is worth buying.

I'll do just that. I'm off to the DMV in a couple of minutes, and I'm bringing the magazine with me…I'm sure I'll have read it from cover to cover by the time I get out of there. :)

Semper Fi!
    Scott

Hmmm…just don't see how this mag is dedicated to SK. There is almost nothing in there for SK.

testuser

I meant the single scenarios they put in each issue. I think it comes out to $8 per scenario if you want to get Operations just for that. I'd like to see what this magazine is actually dedicated to.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.