WCM XIII

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Robin

Hey, I'm planning on making my first trip to the Melee.

A quick question:

Do you publish a scenario list prior to the tourney? Or maybe better yet, how do you handle scenario selection?

Thanks in advance.

Buck K

King Scott

Hi Buck;

The main event is open scenario selection, some recommended scenarios in later rounds…the minis have scenario lists…but none are usually posted ahead of the tournament. Jim Aikens will be posting some updates in the next few days about the tourney.

Semper Fi!
    Scott

Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

Hi Buck;

Glad to hear you’ll be joining us. “The Melee” (the big tournament portion of West Coast Melee) will start on Friday morning at 9:00 AM with two qualifying scenarios to be played on Friday. The high scorers from those will move onto the “Close Combat Phase” on Saturday. The people who don’t qualify will be able to compete in mini-tournaments if they like, or participate in any number of other ASL events we’ll be running throughout the weekend. We do not publish the scenario lists in advance.

Keep an eye on this site for more information.

-Jim

rdf

Will the scoring system for Friday's matches be explained beforehand? Will there be a better seeding system than last year (which as I recall was essentially random)? Pretty frustrating to lose by winning.

Jim Aikens
    Keymaster

Dave,

Yes, and yes.

-Jim

rdf

Reservation made! Registration mailed (still no luck with paypal–so direct to snail mail).

“Pretty frustrating to lose by winning” echoing Honus views.
    Of course, I'm glad I'm not in charge because no decision is an easy decision. Looking forward to seeing everyone! Kevin

rdf

I am growing tingly with anticipatory delight!

rdf

Looks like J8 might be arriving in time for WCM….

David Rosner

Couldn't get Paypal to work so I mailed in my registration.

rdf

I think you have to have a paypal account for it to work…at least that was my conclusion after trying and failing last year.

David Rosner

I have an account, but it still didn't work for me.

rdf

Just generally hosed then, I guess.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.